Best Mouse Repellents
8 minutes to read | Updated for 2018
Ever heard of the expression “playing a game of cat and mouse”? Well, it’s an idiom and it refers to the “constant pursuit, near captures, and repeated escapes” between two rivals, as in a cat and a mouse. But it also refers to the ongoing struggle between man and mouse.
As smart as we are, so too are rodents, and they’re able to adapt to their surroundings, like developing a resistance to the poison warfarin, for example. They know where the good houses are that offer a cozy dwelling and an endless supply of food; they know how to get through a hole or crack that only a pencil fits in and their little mice minds figure out how to get around traps and poison relatively quickly.
But why can’t we all live in peace and harmony? Surely the neighborhood’s big enough for the both of you? The thing is it’s never just one mouse that takes up residence in your house, and they’re known for wreaking havoc.
Last update on 2018-06-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Affordable and readily available
- Pet-friendly and won’t harm dogs or cats
- Repels mice, rats, ants, and cockroaches
- Easy to use
- Needs very little maintenance
- Works around the clock
- Most effective with one unit in each room
- To get the best results you need to have a device in each room. Each box comes with four devices, and if you more rooms you’ll have to buy two boxes
- Safe to use around children and pets
- Eco-friendly – kitchen and pantry friendly
- It repels all types of mice
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Suitable for indoors and outdoor use
- Test on fabric and materials before application
- Easy to apply and 100% safe
- Can be used on any type of vehicle
- Completely natural repellent
- Stops mice and rats from chewing wires and building nests
- It has a strong odor
- Requires reapplication every few days
The Bottom Line
If you suspect mice have moved into your car’s hood, you need Vehicle Protection by Exterminators Choice. It stops mice and rats from nesting in the engine and prevents them chewing on the wires and engine parts in cars, trucks, RVs, boats, ATVs and farm equipment. Although the smell is strong, it’s not unpleasant for people.
expand to read more
The natural formula is a vinegar and water base with essential oils like peppermint, rosemary, white pepper and garlic oil, which works in two ways; it repels pests and also leaves the wires and engine with a rather unpleasant taste, making them less tasty for mice to eat. It’s packaged in a spray bottle for easy application and you can rest assured that it’s safe to use around children, domestic animals as well as wild ones. Except for squirrels. It repels them too.
Just to be clear, the repellent isn’t going to kill any mice, but it’s ideal if you have children and animals in the house and want a product that’s eco-friendly. It’s a preventative measure and a safe way of controlling rodents. Our recommended repellents are the best out there, however, if you feel as though your property is being overrun by these critters, then it’s worth considering the less natural ways to get rid of them.