Top 3 Best Woodpecker Deterrents
9 minutes to read | Updated for 2018
Woodpeckers present a tricky challenge.
They can fly, of course, and they can do considerable damage to your home, trees, or other structures on your property. However, because they are migratory birds, the federal government protects them with laws and regulations that make eliminating them impractical. Penalties include both fines and prison sentences.
Your wisest option is to deter them instead. That way, you’ll avoid the cost of their destruction while keeping you on the right side of the law. We strongly advise this course of action, especially given the popularity of birdwatching and a significant number of participants in the hobby. Killing these birds isn’t an option when you consider the consequences.
Our Top 3 Best Woodpecker Deterrents 2018 review gives you the information you need to take a better—and legal—approach to rid your home of these pests to restore your peace of mind and avoid the additional expenses of these nuisance animals.
Last update on 2018-09-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What’s In This Guide
- You can buy it in either a single or double pack.
- The kit measures 8.5 x 9 x 1 inches.
- It uses two forms of visual deterrents for maximum effectiveness.
- It includes all the hardware you need to install it.
- It is reusable.
- It relies on both movement and a visual component to repel the woodpeckers.
- The birds will vacate the area if it becomes annoying enough to them.
- The balloon is too large and looks silly.
- It comes in a one-gallon size.
- It weighs 10 pounds.
- You can use it on both structures and trees.
- It is transparent.
- It is non-toxic.
- One application gets the job done.
- One bottle covers a lot of space.
- It’s expensive.
- The use of sticky substances is questionable.
- Its dimensions are 6.6 x 3.25 x 5.4 inches.
- Its range is up to 4,000 square feet.
- It runs on four C batteries or electricity.
- It acts on a variety of other pests including rodents and deer.
- It isn’t audible to most humans.
- It is adjustable for homing in on the level of control you need.
- It is motion-activated.
- You can use it with either batteries or electricity.
- It isn’t entirely silent for all people which some may find annoying.
find an exterminator near youEnter your zip code to find top rated local pest control