Top 4 Best Squirrel Traps
9 minutes to read | Updated for 2018
Whether you’re dealing with squirrels overtaking or damaging birdfeeders, nesting in your attic, or adding to the risk of rabies or disease-carrying fleas for your pets, these rodents can be a serious frustration. If you hear scratching, rustling, or clicking sounds in your attic, or see signs of droppings, there’s a high chance you already have an infestation.
Squirrels can not only spread illnesses to pets and humans but also damage wiring and insulation. As rodents with front incisors that continue to grow unless they chew, squirrels are always on the lookout for something to nibble on. This can cause electrical problems and even create fire hazards in your home, not to mention expensive damage. So, we’ve rounded up our top four squirrel traps for 2018.
Last update on 2018-09-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What’s In This Guide
- Measures 28” x 12″ x 12″
- Designed for larger animals such as raccoons, but able to catch rodents.
- Roughly $58 for one trap.
- Steel reinforcements.
- Galvanized for weather-resistance.
- Heavy duty rust-resistant metal.
- Spring loaded door with sensitive triggers.
- Does not kill squirrels to catch them.
- High customer ratings.
- Able to catch more than one animal at a time.
- Easy to sanitize.
- A three-year warranty is available.
- Bait hook design could be dangerous to a wild animal.
- Some disliked the quality.
- Each package contains 45 traps
- The price is around 32 cents each
- You can fold them in the shape you need
- It is affordably priced
- The outside of the traps is more discreet
- Researchers at the University of Kansas back the product
- They are pre-baited to start working right away
- The sides are open, meaning that the bugs are visible
- Measures 36” x 10” x 12”
- A one-year warranty is available.
- Twelve-gauge metal mesh.
- Around $59 for one trap.
- Handle-guard to protect your hand from the animal.
- Two spring-loaded doors.
- Smoothed internal edges for animal’s protection.
- High customer rating.
- Two-doors to double your chances of a catch.
- Galvanized steel to resist rust.
- Made with tiny mesh openings.
- Handle guard to protect you while carrying.
- Easy to use.
- Made in the USA.
- Ineffective trap for some customers.
- Measures 11.9” x 7.4” x 2.8”
- Also designed for mink, muskrat, and weasel.
- Around $30 for six traps.
- Jaw Spread 4.5″ x 4.5″
- No cage—must dispose of dead rodent with gloves by health laws.
- Designed for smaller animals such as squirrels.
- With six traps you can set in multiple locations.
- Instant-kill trap—humane in terms of no poison, no injuries.
- Only about $5 per trap for a pack of six.
- No worry about slow-death poisons.
- Rated highly-effective on squirrels.
- Can snap your fingers, use caution.
- Does kill the rodent, so if you want live-trap only for humaneness, not for you.
| Updated for 2018 What's In This Guide Dangers of Having a Mouse InfestationDamage to Property and PossessionsExposure to Viruses and Diseases Possible Fire HazardsGet Rid of Mice with Peppermint Oil It’s a nice, sunny morning and you are just...read more
find an exterminator near youEnter your zip code to find top rated local pest control