Best Rat Poison Pellets
13–15 minutes to read | Updated for 2019
Most people are aware that rats were the main factor that spread the bubonic plague across Europe and onto the streets of London in the fourteenth century, effectively wiping out 60% of the European population.
However, a lesser known fact is that one reason for the bubonic plague spreading so virulently was largely due to an increasing Christian ideology and practice at the time. “Witches” were burned at the stake and because cats were associated with witches, the village cats were killed along with all the witches.
These hideous acts of cruelty came back to haunt the unwitting perpetrators as without the rat’s natural predator—the rat population exploded and the rest, as they say, is history. While the bubonic plague does not pose significant health risks today, the destruction of rat environments attracts rats to urban areas where there a few natural predators.
Once again, we see unchecked rat populations that can grow exponentially—in a similar way as it did back in the Middle Ages. Rat populations continue to exist today due to the way we live our modern lives and structure our environments. However, with improved understanding and methods, it is possible to stay safe from rats and the diseases they carry.
Top Rated Rat Poison Pellets
Last update on 2019-09-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What’s In This Guide
- Effective on both Rats and Mice
- Made in the USA
- Multiple feeds out of one bucket
- Only sold by the bucket
- Humanely kills rats and mice
- Produced from natural vegetables and cereal grains
- 100% safe around humans, pets and children
- No special handling requirements
- Reduces smell decay
- Not effective against other rodents
- Short shelf life
- Good for using in wet/damp areas
- Wax free formula
- Great for large infestations
- May take a while to see results
- Not pet or child-friendly