Best Fly Repellent Reviews
11–12 minutes to read | Updated for 2018
Flies are one of the most annoying of pests whether you’re a human or an animal.
They’re incredibly persistent once they’ve found you. No matter how much you swat at them, they keep coming back for more. They also bite which makes them even more disagreeable. These flying insects pose additional health risks too as carriers of serious diseases.
There are a plethora of different types of products you can try to rid your home or yard of these bugs. They vary in their approach and usage. Our Top 6 Best Fly Repellent 2018 review takes you through the lineup of options with the proven winners in each category. Continue reading to take that first step toward a pest-free home.
Last update on 2018-08-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What’s In This Guide
- It has a wave range of 20 to 155 kHz to target specific pests.
- It uses electromagnetic and ultrasonic waves along with optical deworming.
- It has a range of about 1,076 square feet.
- Its dimensions are 6.2 x 4.7 x 2.7 inches.
- It works against insects, spiders, and rodents.
- It is affordable.
- It is not messy or complicated to use.
- It comes with a 100-percent quality assurance guarantee.
- It provides 360 degrees of coverage.
- You need to use it at least two weeks before you know it’ll work for you.
- The effectiveness is questionable.
- The package contains 12 incense sticks.
- Each one burns up to three hours.
- They contain both citronella, thyme, rosemary, and andiroba oil.
- The product works as described.
- It repels other insects too such as mosquitoes
- It does kill the pests.
- They are long-lasting.
- The company stands behind its products.
- Some people may find the smell offensive.
- Citronella is toxic, especially to adult honeybees.
- Andiroba oil is poisonous to bee larvae.
- The candle is 17 ounces.
- The active ingredient is citronella.
- It is a self-contained unit.
- It provides a pleasant light when sitting outdoors.
- It lasts up to 30 hours.
- It repels other pests like mosquitoes too.
- It’s affordable.
- Having an open flame so close to where people are active is problematic.
- Exposure to the smoke may lead to allergic reactions in some individuals
- It covers up to 1,615 square feet of unobstructed space.
- The dimensions are 2.4 x 2.4 x 3.9 inches.
- It weighs 5 ounces.
- It’s a humane option because it only repels the pests.
- It’s convenient to use.
- It is energy-efficient.
- It can double as a nightlight.
- It’s affordable.
- It’s not immediate relief because it takes three days to work.
- It comes in single, double, or 12 packs.
- It contains 40 percent DEET.
- It is highly effective.
- It repels other insects such as ticks and mosquitoes too.
- It has a proven track record of usefulness.
- It offers long-lasting protection.
- It is inexpensive.
- It leaves an oily feeling on your skin that you’ll need to wash off when you come back indoors.
- It may leave stains on some materials
- A package contains 15 cloths.
- It contains 30 percent DEET.
- The dimensions are 3 x 1.6 x 6.2 inches.
- It’s a convenient way to apply the repellent without the mess of an aerosol or spray.
- The concentration of DEET is within the ideal range of health risks and protection.
- It provides long-lasting protection.
- You can apply it just where you need it without worry of over-spray.
- It works as described.
- The disposable wipes are not environmentally friendly.
- We’d prefer individually wrapped wipes.
| Updated for 2018 Flies are much more than annoying. They can cause severe economic damage, costing the agricultural industry up to $10 billion or more losses per year. They also act as a carrier to a wide variety of human diseases including African...read more
find an exterminator near youEnter your zip code to find top rated local pest control