Best Flea Powder
8 minutes to read | Updated for 2018
If your pet has fleas, get ready for a challenge.
These pests are survivors because of their resilience and adaptability. These traits make them more difficult to kill which explains why you need a treatment plan instead of only one product. A flea powder helps with the issue that your dog or cat has. The other part of control involves your home.
Fleas have two things going for them. First, their life cycle varies with their environment, giving them the flexibility to respond to changing conditions. Second, at certain stages, some products won’t kill them. Often, homeowners fail to stick with the treatment regime only to experience another infestation.
Our Top 4 Best Flea Powder 2018 review looks at the products that will deliver results. We’ve also included details on how to use them to get the maximum results. Continue reading to restore your peace of mind and the comfort of your furry friend.
Last update on 2018-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What’s In This Guide
- The product comes in a six-ounce container.
- The active ingredients are pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide which enhances the effects of the former.
- You can use it on younger pets too.
- It is safe for both cats and dogs.
- It also treats ticks.
- It has residual effects that provide long-lasting control.
- It smells nice without a medicinal scent.
- It’s spendy, considering the size.
- The active ingredient is tetrachlorvinphos.
- The container holds four ounces of powder.
- It provides residual control, making it a better value.
- It is EPA-registered.
- The powder is water-resistant.
- It kills fleas fast.
- It is made in the USA.
- You should avoid using this product if you have any cats in your home as some ingredients are highly toxic to them.
- The active ingredients are diatomaceous earth, neem, and yarrow.
- You can use it on both cats and dogs.
- It is non-toxic and eco-friendly.
- You can apply it once a month as a repellent.
- You can also use it on furniture or your pet’s bedding.
- It’s made in the USA.
- The powder leaves a residue on the pet’s coat that some may find unpleasant.
- It comes in a three-pound canister.
- The active ingredient is orthoboric acid.
- It is safe to use around pets and children.
- It kills other pests too.
- It comes with an unconditional one-year satisfaction guarantee.
- The powder is fine for easy application.
- It provides a lot of coverage.
- It’s expensive.
- It is messy to apply.
find an exterminator near youEnter your zip code to find top rated local pest control